So, been here a month and it's all settling down.
The house is feeling a bit more lived in and I am getting lost less frequently when I get into the car.
We haven't been up to very many fun things lately, as Will has been working hard. He managed his first half marathon last Sunday (and has been aching ever since).
Unfortunately (and I know that this will disappoint some people), Will has not grown a tache for Movember. Maybe next year. Thankfully all the silliness is now over, and maybe the Men of NZ will start looking better!!
My tomatoes are coming on nicely (with tiny tomatoes in evidence). Growing things here is easy - it's stopping them that's hard!! I now have chillis, tomatoes, courgettes, purple peppers, Thai and sweet basil, thyme, oregano and parsley.
I found a neglected abandoned barbeque in the garage. It stops Will from spending a couple of thousand dollars on an all singing all dancing fire machine (for a while at least)!! So we are sorted for Christmas day!!
I met up with the guy I met in the transit lounge at LAX. He is working on the same floor as me. Nice to have someone in the same kind of boat as me!!
Hope you are all well.
Kx
Saturday, 1 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Will and Kirsten, glad you're settling in and making your home and garden work for you. We got the chimney sweeped and we're now enjoying a roaring fire in the living room! Makes up for the horrible wet weather outside - you made your escape to NZ at the right time of year! I'm very envious that you're getting brown and enjoying great weather, beaches, boats and the rest. I can only dream of sunnier climates and BBQs!
Anita sends her love - saw her Wednesday and we enjoyed Desperately Seeking Susan - blondie musical based on Madonna film.
Rob, Joy, Andrew and Emma, plus Charlotte of course also send their love and say hi. They visited us this weekend - cooked gammon roast for Sunday lunch. Charlotte is growing very fast, now needs 3-6 months clothes! She is still very well behaved and lovely.
It's been a fun weekend, with us playing Wii tennis and bowling - Andrew even had a go - super munchkin. Rob and Ben even managed on Saturday to play some tennis outside - mad men!
Hope you have a good week and thanks for emails.
Lots of love,
Emily and Ben xxx
Sad that we'll miss you guys when we're in england this Christmas but I'm glad you're enjoying life over there.
I'd like to get in early and say I'll sponsor Will next Movember!
anyway, enjoy your christmas
Tom
Post a Comment