Sunday, 20 January 2008

Unemployment

So, I left my job on Friday, with a very nice bar in a posh place. Sorry to be leaving the people I was working with, but overall a very good thing.

I have an interview on Monday with an American pharmaceutical company. I think I have a good chance of getting an offer and then I'll have a think about whether to accept it. 13 month contract seems like a good length of time, with a car and probably a 50% pay rise.

This week I have the fun task of getting the house in order before our stuff arrives. To say it was filthy when we moved in would be an understatement. We only managed to get it to nearly acceptable around work and such, so now I have time I can do a proper job on it. And there are soooo many cobwebs - eugh!

I finally tracked down our furniture - seems that the UK and the NZ companies messed up. It's just a race to see whether the Coopers or the furniture (including a bed for them) arrives first!!

Once the furniture arrives we may be able to use all the rooms that we have. Not that Gordon minds having a whole dining room to himself :)

Gordie is now a free cat during the day and he loves it. Scampering round the gardens, building his supervillain base under the house and terrorising the locals. And he seems to know where his food comes from.

Kx

No comments: