Monday, 25 August 2008

New House, New Base, New Fights!


So, I finally persuaded them to move house. The mould seemed to do it.

Apart from the inevitable 'Gordon mustn't get lost, let's keep him in!' challenge (I was thwarted trying to jump out of the bathroom window) this new place is an improvement.

I have re-established my under-house base and have a nice comfy spot for hacking and blogging. They seem to always know when I've been there - not sure how. I think I've removed some of the cobwebs with my ears.

The neighbours don't seem to own panthers like the last house - what was that all about! They were huge. I have been doing a bit of fighting here, though. One needs to keep one's swearing up to date!

I haven't been enjoying the weather much. Lots of mud to get in my paws and tummy fluff. They don't make me go out, so that's not so bad. They have also started lighting fires. I don't think I knew about fires before. They are a bit alarming, but it's not so bad if I sit on the mantelpiece. It has made me think twice about climbing the chimney again. Shame - that was fun and confused them no end! I think that the black footprints on the hearth gave me away. Not to mention the black fur (and soot tastes HORRIBLE!)

I think that the smaller one is going away for a while. I'm sure I can manipulate her into extra treats when she gets back. Just a question of which tactic to use...

Signing off for now

3 comments:

Emily West-Sadler said...

Well done Gordon, I knew you could do it! Always fun to read your blogs so I'm delighted you have a new powerbase under the house to manage this from.

Please look after yourself and no more cllimbing chimneys. I'll have a word with the smaller one when I see her in UK to make sure she gives you extra treats. Or at the very least to find out what might work! ;)

Bye for now.

Em x

Pjjam said...

Ah, Emily. Good to hear from you. Thank you for your help in the 'Gordon-spoiling' tactics.

I forgot to mention that I have been taking great interest in the Olympics, particularly my sport of Lounging. I have been training long and hard for it :)

The base is coming on well - just need to find a blanket to take down there.

Come back and visit soon - I have a big bag of new pipe cleaners to play with.

A naughty nibble
Gordy

Anonymous said...

Gordon - fight the power!

Rob